- 2 medium (or 3 small) sized apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 1/3c steel cut oats (uncooked)
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flax seed (totally optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2c milk (I used 1%)
- 1 1/2c water
- I have made this recipe several times now. Our family loves it. I prefer the steel cut oats (not the instant ones), they absorb the liquid better.
- If you add blueberries, you can lessen the sugar. And, you can play around with how much sugar you add because it can easily be added back in when you eat it. I have a few picky eaters in my family who like to add extra honey for sweetness.